Data Structure Units
DST Unit 3 – Searching and Sorting questions
Topic : Array & Array Representation (Key Note and Questions)
- Searching is a process to find a particular element in a set of elements.
- Linear search is also known as sequential search in which each elements is to be visit until we reach at same match.
- Binary search is a very efficient searching where set of elements are sorted and we can eliminate half set of elements in one time if item not matched.
Topic : Hashing And Collision (Key Note and Questions)
- Hashing is a key comparisons search technique that perform searches in O(n) time in the worst case and in an average case it will be done in O(1) time.
- Hash Collision is a situation in which two or more data elements in the data set U, maps to the same location in the has table.
- Open Hashing and Closed Hashing is a Collision resolution technique.
Topic : Sorting (Key Note and Questions)
- Sorting is a technique of arranging elements in a ordered form either in ascending or in descending order.
- Some List of sorting algorithms are Insertion sort, Selection sort, Quick sort, Merge sort, Heap sort etc.
Topic : Tree (Key Note and Questions)
- Tree is a non-linear data structure that have nodes which is connected using edge.
- All node are arrange as root node, parent node and child node in hierarchical manner.
Latest Uploads on Website
- AVL Tree with explanation
- Radix sort algorithm explanation with example
- Quick Sort Algorithm with explanation
- Bubble sorting algorithm with Bubble sort program in C
- Insertion sort algorithm and program in C
- Selection Sort Algorithm and Program in C
- Linear probing technique explanation with example
- Collision in Hashing and Collision resolution technique
- Hashing in data structure with its types
- Binary search tree operations with Program
- Binary search tree in data structure
- Binary search algorithm in data structure with explanation
- linear search in data structure with Algo and Program