In this article, you will get the all-important questions that are mostly asked in the semester exams. We have collected this list of questions by taking help from the previous year’s question paper from the subject design and analysis of the algorithm.
So Before going for the final semester exam of the subject Algorithm, Please revise all the below questions and answers at least once. It will boost your knowledge and confidence as well.
The below questions are common question that is applicable to all colleges and universities. In the upcoming days, we will bring the university-wise questions and answers.
- What do you mean by algorithm? Explain it with example.
- Write the characteristics of algorithm.
- What do you mean by the complexity of algorithm?
- Explain Asymptotic Notation.
- Explain Little-oh notation and Little omega notation . Also Discuss relationship between O, o, theta, omega, and omega notation.
- Write a note on optimality and Reduction.
- Explain Master’s Theorem.
- Explain divide and conquer recurrences.
- What do you mean by recursion? Explain your answer with an example.
- Explain Recursion Tree.
- Write pseudocode of Insertion sort. Also find out its computing time and do analysis of insertion sort.
- Write pseudocode for QuickSort. Also find out its computing time and do analysis of QuickSort.
- Write a short note on Randomized Version of Quick Sort.
- Explain Merge Sort. Write its algorithm and do its analysis.
- Explain Heap Sort. Write its algorithm and do its analysis.
- Explain Heapify sort algorithm with its analysis.
- Explain Shell sort algorithm with its analysis.
- Explain Radix sort algorithm with its analysis.
- Explain Bucket sort algorithm with its analysis.
- Explain Counting sort algorithm with its analysis.
- Determine the best case time complexity of merge sort Algorithm.