On this page, you will find all the most important and most asked previous year questions from unit 4 Failure Recovery in Distributed Systems .
It will help you in the preparation of your semester exam to score good marks. It will also save you from the backlogs.
Topic : Failure Recovery in Distributed Systems (Key Note and Questions)
- What do you mean by error? Explain forward recovery and backward recovery. Also write its advantage and disadvantage.
- Write the approaches for implementing backward-error recovery.
- Explain the problem which are caused by the rolling back of process.
- Write a short note on: 1. Method to obtain consistent set of checkpoints. 2. Domino effect.
- Define the livelocks. What is the difference between a deadlock and livelock.
- What is livelock problem in message passing system? How the synchronous checkpointing methods avoid the livelock problem? Describe.
- Write short notes on: 1. Livelocks 2. Domino effects 3. Failure resilient processes 4. Consistent checkpoints.
- What is checkpoint in message passing system? Explain the recovery in message passing system using asynchronous checkpoint scheme.
- Define fault and failure. What are difference approaches to fault tolerance? Explain.
- What are commit protocols? Explain two phase commit protocol. How the protocol handles the site failure? Also explain its limitation.
- Describe the three-phase commit protocol . How three-phase commit protocol is different than two phase commit protocol?
- What is voting protocol? Explain static voting and dynamic voting protocols.