On this page, you will find all the most important and most asked previous year questions from unit 1 of the Distributed System subject.
It will help you in the preparation of your semester exam to score good marks. It will also save you from the backlogs.
Topic : Characterization of Distributed Systems (Key Note and Questions)
- What is distributed system? Describe the main characteristics of distributed system. Give two examples of distributed system.
- Discuss the major issues in designing a distributed system.
- How the distributed computing system is better than parallel processing system? Explain.
- How resource sharing is done in distributed system? Explain.
- What is the web challenges for implementing distributed system?
- Define the term transparency. Explain important types of transparencies in distributed system.
- Explain the architectural model of distributed system.
- Discuss the relative advantages and disadvantages of the various commonly used models for configuring distributed computing systems.
- Explain the following distributed computing model: 1. Mini computer model 2. Workstation model 3. Workstation server model
Topic : Foundation for Distributed System (Key Note and Questions)
- Discuss the impact of the adsence of global clock in distributed system.
- Explain the Lamport’s logical clock.
- Write the limitation of Lamport’s logical clock with example.
- Give the Chandy-Lamport’s global state recording algorithm.
Topic : Message Passing
Systems (Key Note and Questions)
- What is vector clock? How this maintains causal ordering ? Explain.
- Explain the implementation rule of vector clock. Give the advantage of vector clock over Lamport’s logical clock.
- Discuss causal ordering of messages. Give any algorithm which can order the messages according to causal dependencies.
- SES protocol.
- Q5). BSS Protocol.
- Q6). Explain global state with the help of an example.
- Q7). What is termination detection in distributed system? Explain any algorithm for termination detection.
- Q8). Why is scalablity and important feature in the design of distributed system? Discuss some of the guiding principles for designing a scalable distributed system.