On this page, you will find all the most important and most asked questions from unit 1 of the data structure subject.
Topic : Intro to DST (Key Note and Questions)
- Data Structure is a way to organize data so that we can perform any operation on it efficiently.
- Data type describes which type of value a variable can store. Means if a variable is of int data type it means that, that particular variable can store only integer data.
- Built-in data type is also known as predefined data type which can be directly used by any programmer to a variable types and assign value in it.
- Some example of built-in data type are int, char, float, double, short, long etc.
- What do you mean by data structure? Describe about its need and types.
- Explain primitive and non-primitive data structure.
- What is data type? Write the all built in data type of C.
Topic : Algorithm (Key Note and Questions)
- Algorithm can be defined as a step by step approach to solve a problem in finite steps and time. It is a human-readable solution.
- Efficiency of an Algorithm shows the quality of algorithm. Here the parameter for quality is algorithm should take less time and space to solve any problem.
- Time complexity shows time taken by an algorithm to solve a problem.
- Space complexity show space/memory taken by an algorithm to solve a problem.
- What do you mean by algorithm? Write the criteria of an algorithm and its characteristics.
- What do you mean by efficiency of an Algorithm?
- What do you mean by complexity. Explain space and time complexity.
- How you can find the complexity of an algorithm of an algorithm? What is the relation between the time and space complexities of an algorithm ? Justify your answer with an example.
Topic : Asymptotic (Key Note and Questions)
- Asymptotic notation helps to measure the complexity of an algorithm. It is of 5 types Big-Oh, Omega, Theta, Little Oh and Little Omega.
- An Abstract datatype is a datatype, whose behavior is defined by a set of values and set of operations. for example stack and queue is a perfect example of ADT.