Armstrong number program in python with explanation
Welcome back, In this tutorial we are going to learn how to write a program in python to check a given input number is Armstrong or not?
So before moving directly on the writing program I will recommend you please first know :
What is Armstrong Number?
- It is a number which is equal to the sum of cube of its digits.
- For eg: 153, 370 etc.
Lets see it practically by calculating it,
Suppose I am taking 153 for an example
First calculate the cube of its each digits
1^3 = (1*1*1) = 1
5^3 = (5*5*5) = 125
3^3= (3*3*3) = 27
Now add the cube
1+125+27 = 153
It means 153 is an Armstrong number.
Ok, Then move on the program when you have cleared concept 🙂
Program to check a number is Armstrong or not in python programming language
i=0 result=0 n = int(input("please give a number : ")) number1 = n temp = n while n!=0: n = (n//10) i=i+1; while number1!=0: n=number1%10 result=result+pow(n,i) number1=number1//10 if temp==result: print("number is armstrong") else: print("number is not armstrong")
Also prepare these Python Programs:
Latest Uploads on Website
- AVL Tree with explanation
- Radix sort algorithm explanation with example
- Quick Sort Algorithm with explanation
- Bubble sorting algorithm with Bubble sort program in C
- Insertion sort algorithm and program in C
- Selection Sort Algorithm and Program in C
- Linear probing technique explanation with example
- Collision in Hashing and Collision resolution technique
- Hashing in data structure with its types
- Binary search tree operations with Program
- Binary search tree in data structure
- Binary search algorithm in data structure with explanation
- linear search in data structure with Algo and Program